3.0 Pro Stock Diesel 4x4 Rules
Contact for More Information
|Temple Brizendine||Greg Poore||434-294-3969|
1. Engine Limitations
- Must run Diesel Fuel. (No nitrous or propane allowed)
- The turbocharger is smooth faced intake housing, limited to a maximum of 3.0" inlet, (no map ring) with all air entering through the 3.0" opening. Intake wheel must protrude 1/8th inside of opening.
- Must be an engine that was available in a 1 ton diesel pickup
2. Chassis, Body, and Powertrain
- Open Drivelines are permitted.
- No fiberglass body parts with the exception of the hood and tailgate
- Must be a factory style frame. No tubular chassis allowed. Any kind of bracing is allowed.
- Hitch will be 26 inches and no closer than 44 inches from center line of rear axle.
- Weight Frame can be no further forward than 60" from the center of the front rear.
- 158" Maximum Wheelbase
3. Tires and Wheels
- Tires must be DOT approved and limited to 35" X 12.50" max tire size (No cutting or grooving).
- Duals on the rear are allowed.
4. General Class Rules
- Test puller MUST return to 6th place if they decide to drop their pull.
- If any issues arise during the season the rule committee will meet and make a final decision.
- If caught cheating, the rules committee will decide the penalty which may include up to a one year suspension.
- Must be a Dragon Motorsports member to receive points.
- Truck must be equipped with a blow proof bell housing or transmission shields / blankets.
- Working kill switch with a 1" hole for a hook point at the rear of the truck,
- All U-joints must be fully shielded and all drive shafts must have rigid loops to catch the shaft in the event of breakage.
- All competitors must wear a helmet.
- Must have a cross in the exhaust pipe to stop made out of at least 3/8 inch round stock.
- Fire suits are recommended.
2016 Purse Structure